Join the St. Charles Knitting and Crochet Ministry
St. Charles Knitting and Crochet Ministry, sponsored by Christian Women, is in its second full year of creating items for charity with truly talented people who want to give to others in need. We also want to thank those in our parish that have donated yarn and fabric for our creations.
The group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 10 am to 12 pm in the Borromeo Room and new members are always welcome. We have people willing to teach you to knit or crochet. If you have any questions or can’t join us on Wednesdays but want to contribute, call Ann Hansen 920-763-4773 or Rita Horne 262-563-1245.
Last year a total of 613 items were donated and we hope to meet or exceed that.
• Elizabeth Ministry received 22 baby hats, blankets and
toy animal pouches for the baskets given to newly baptized
babies in our Parish.
• St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry received 4 scarves, 29
hats, 7 pairs of mittens, and 6 cowls for their children and
• The Parish Office staff was given 14 prayer shawls for
seriously ill parishioners or family members. The recipients
are prayed for as the items are knitted or crocheted. These
are then blessed by a priest.
• Christ Child Society received 76 baby blankets and hats
for layettes as well as 59 children and youth hats, scarves
and mittens for the back packs they give to children going
into foster care.
• 10 lap robes were given to a local nursing home for the
• St. Anthony School in Milwaukee received 36 scarves, hats
• St. Ben’s Shelter received 21 adult scarves, mittens, and
hats, 18 blankets and a sleep mat crocheted from plastic
grocery bags and 195 wash cloths and hygiene kits for the
homeless shower program.
• St. Anthony Apartments (St. Ben’s Capuchin Community)
were given for the new residents a total of 85 quilts, wall
hangings, placemats, hot pads, dish cloth sets, knit blankets,
lap blankets, woven blankets and table runners.